Leesa A. Bohler
After serving for sixteen years as an Administrative Law Judge for the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation in Savannah, Judge Bohler joined the firm on June 1, 2010 to open the office in her hometown. She specializes in the defense of individuals and businesses in civil litigation including workers’ compensation claims and jury trials.
For eleven years prior to taking the bench, Ms. Bohler practiced law in Savannah representing self-insurers and a number of insurance carriers in tort actions throughout coastal, southeast Georgia. Such actions included the defense of personal injury claims for motor vehicle, slip and fall, malicious prosecution, dram shop, construction and product liability cases. She has also handled coverage issues on behalf of insurance carriers.
From the beginning of her law practice in 1983, Ms. Bohler has handled claims in the Georgia Workers’ Compensation arena. In addition to hearing and mediating claims for the State Board for sixteen years, she had the opportunity to fill in as a judge on the appellate division on occasion. She brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in this area to her law firm.
Ms. Bohler completed mediation training and handled numerous workers’ compensation mediations for the Board when she was an Administrative Law Judge. Through Mediated Dispute Resolutions, LLC, she now serves as a neutral in dispute resolution throughout southeast Georgia.
Areas of Practice
- General Civil Practice
- Workers Compensation
- Insurance Defense
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 1983
- Armstrong Atlantic University, Savannah, Georgia
- B.A. - 1980
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1983
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1983
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1983
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 1983
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers’ Compensation Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers’ Compensation Institute, Past Co-chair
- State Bar of Georgia, Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Savannah Bar Association
- Georgia Employer Committee Executive Board
- Savannah Department of Labor Employer Committee, co-chair
- State Board of Workers’ Compensation Advisory Council, 2009 – 2012, 2014
- Georgia Health, Safety & Environmental Conference Board of Directors 2014
Presentations and Publications
- Ms. Bohler has been a regular speaker for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) seminars and for the State Board of Workers’ Compensation annual and regional seminars in Georgia. She has also spoken at various seminars sponsored by human resources, employer, insurer and self-insured groups about the best way to handle workers’ compensation claims.
Other Professional and Community Activities
- Komen Coastal Georgia, Board of Directors, 2014
- Garden City Council, past elected member
- Armstrong Atlantic State University Alumni Association, past president
- Groves High School Booster Club, past president
- PTA, past president, Garden City Elementary, Mercer Middle, and Groves High Schools
- Garden City United Methodist Church