Moore, Clarke, DuVall & Rodgers, P.C.
As a founding partner of the firm, Ms. Clarke defends individuals and business entities in civil litigation with an emphasis in personal injury, employment, and workers' compensation claims. With offices located in Albany, Atlanta and Valdosta, Savannah, and strong connections to Columbus, Ms. Clarke is able to assist clients in a cost-effective manner throughout the State.
Ms. Clarke has also served as approved counsel for most well - known insurance companies as well as many self-insured companies since 1983. Such actions include, but are not limited to, personal injury, coverage issues, construction, mold, and other commonly insured claims.
Employment and Workers' Compensation
From the enactment of the original ADA in 1993, Ms. Clarke has advised clients in matters dealing with employment claims as new Acts were passed into law, be it ADA, FMLA, sexual harassment, race discrimination and the like. Also, her workers' compensation experience goes back to day one of her practice. She has represented clients in thousands of workers' compensation disputes.
Mediation and Arbitration
Ms. Clarke is a registered mediator and arbitrator who understands the role and goals of a neutral in disputes. As a certified mediator, she has participated in hundreds of mediations -most of which have been successfully resolved. Through Mediated Dispute Resolutions, LLC, Ms. Clarke currently serves as a neutral in dispute resolution throughout the state. With offices in Atlanta, Albany, Savannah, Valdosta, and close ties to Columbus, she travels through out the state. While she offers spacious conference rooms in all locations, she travels to the office of any party at the request of the participants.
Special Appointment by the Georgia Attorneys General
Ms. Clarke is currently serving as a Special Assistant Attorney General at the pleasure of Attorney General Sam Olens; she served under Attorney General Thurbert Baker; and she served in this capacity under Attorney General Mike Bowers. As a SAAG, Ms. Clarke represents the State of Georgia in tort, construction, and workers' compensation actions.
Darton College, Albany, Georgia.
Guest professor for paralegal certification, Darton College, Albany, Georgia
Continuing Legal Education Seminars
Ms. Clarke has been a regular speaker for the Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) seminars throughout Georgia. These presentations involve the preparation of a substantive paper, oral presentation as well as question and answer sessions with the attending audience.
Ms. Clarke has also had the honor of serving as the Chair of the Insurance Law Institute, Co-Chair of the Workers' Compensation Institute, Chair of the Tort and Insurance Practice Section of the State Bar, and Chair of the Workers' Compensation Section of the State Bar.
When Albany, Georgia, and neighboring communities were devastated by flood waters in 1994 and later when Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast in 2005, Ms. Clarke spearheaded impromptu legal seminars specializing in issues affecting the flood/hurricane victims. With the help of ICLE, Georgia Legal Services, and other state agencies, Ms. Clarke and several other attorneys volunteered their time and expertise. Within a matter of days these volunteers had compiled papers and presentations that were shared with future flooded states to assist displaced persons.
Ms. Clarke has been published in the GEORGIA SELF-INSUREDS' ASSOCIATION DIGEST, THE GEORGIA BAR JOURNAL, THE GEORGIA DEFENSE LAWYERS JOURNAL, THE WORKERS' COMPENSATION BAR NEWSLETTER, and other legal publications. As a member of the Atlanta Claims Association, Ms. Clarke has participated in seminars and other events, and for several years, she has provided workers' compensation and employment law updates for the CLAIMSCENE, an ACA monthly publication.
Ms. Clarke has served on the faculty of the National Business Institute and Lorman Business Services, speaking on various employment law topics such as workers' compensation, ADA, FMLA, and discrimination. She also has been asked by the Georgia Department of Labor, Georgia Health, Environmental and Safety Conference, the Atlanta Bar Association, the Georgia Self-Insureds Association, the Georgia Bar Association, the Georgia Defense Lawyers' Association, Group Funds Association, and individual employers to serve as a speaker on topics ranging from age diversity, safety programs, cost analysis and more.
Ms. Clarke has served on the faculty of the Georgia Trial Academy created to train young lawyers in courtroom techniques.
Ms. Clarke has also volunteered to assist the Subsequent Injury Trust Fund in its sunset efforts. As member of the Sunset Advisory Committee she was a regular presenter along with SITF officials on the financial status of the Fund.
State Board of Workers' Compensation Annual and Regional Seminars
As a workers' compensation practitioner, Ms. Clarke regularly serves as a speaker at the annual or regional seminars sponsored by the State Board of Workers' Compensation. Additionally, she has had the honor of being chosen to serve on the Workers' Compensation Advisory Council where she serves as the Chairman of the Public Education Committee. This committee assists the Board personnel in developing the State Board of Workers' Compensation Regional Education Series which are presented throughout the State of Georgia. She also served on Governor Barnes Workers' Compensation Commission.
Employment Law Seminars
As an employment law practitioner, Ms. Clarke has represented county governments as well as large and small employers throughout the State. She has attended national and international business conferences presenting substantive papers and presentations on topics such as ADA, FMLA, Title VII discrimination claims, workers' compensation, and other issues of interest to businesses, large and small. She is a regular presenter at the Georgia Safety, Health and Environmental Conference as well as conferences sponsored by the Georgia Department of Labor.
Safety, Environment and OHSA Training
Ms. Clarke has presented many employers with training programs ranging from safety in the poultry plant to hazards in the construction industry. Employers from all areas of manufacturing such as mobile home construction, commercial developments, airplane assembly, meat processing facilities, equipment manufacturing and more, have sought Ms. Clarke's expertise in safety and environmental hazard training. Ms. Clarke is a regular speaker at the Georgia Health, Environmental & Safety Conference held yearly by the State of Georgia. She is also a guest lecturer for the Department of Labor.
Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
As a former member of the Board of Directors of the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Ms. Clarke shared her experience on issues specific to the Defense Bar.
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Member
- Special Assistant Attorney General, Attorney General Sam Olens
- Special Assistant Attorney General, Attorney General Thurbert Baker
- Special Assistant Attorney General, Attorney General Michael J. Bowers
- Subsequent Injury Trust Fund Advisory Committee
- Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Chair
- Workers' Compensation Advisory Commission, Governor Roy E. Barnes
- Workers' Compensation Advisory Council, Chairman James W. Oxendine
Public Education Committee, member
- Workers' Compensation Advisory Council, Chairman Harrill E. Dawkins
Public Education Committee, Chair
Public Awareness Committee, Chair
- Workers' Compensation Advisory Council, Chairman Carolyn C. Hall
Public Education Committee, Chair
- Workers' Compensation Advisory Council, Chairman Rick Thompson
- Workers' Compensation Section, Chair
- Judicial Nominating Committee, past Co-Chair
- Workers' Compensation Advisory Council, Chairman Frank McKay
Public Education Committee, Chair
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 1983
- Honors: Recipient of Various Awards and Honors
- Valdosta State University
- B.A. magna cum laude - 1980
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Georgia Court of Appeals
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, State of Georgia, College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers
- Darton College, Albany, Georgia, Special Recognition Service Award 1999
- Darton College, Albany, Georgia, Lady Cavaliers Booster
- Kids' Chance, Special Recognition Service Award 2005
- Member, Valdosta State University Foundation
- Valdosta State University Foundation, Planning Giving Council, Member
- Lexis-Nexis Preeminent Lawyer for 15+ years
- Lexis-Nexis Preeminent Woman Lawyer
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- National Law Journal Top Attorney in Georgia
- Annual Guide to Labor and Employment Attorneys Outstanding Attorney
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Georgia Self Insurer's Association, Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers, Member
- Dougherty Bar Association, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta, Member
- American Bar Association, Past Member
- State Bar of Georgia, General Practice and Trial Section, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Insurance Law Institute, Past Chair
- State Bar of Georgia, Insurance Law Section, Past Secretary/Treasurer
- State Bar of Georgia, Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Past Chair
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers' Compensation Institute, Co-Chair
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers' Compensation Law Section, Chair
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers' Compensation Section, Executive Committee
- Group Fund Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Associate Member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Past and Present Member Law Journal
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Past Chair
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Workers' Compensation Committee, Past Chair
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Workers' Compensation Committee, Member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Technology Committee, Member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Membership Committee, Member
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers, Past Secretary/Treasurer
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers, Albany Past Membership Chair
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers, Albany Defense Research Institute, Past Member
- Dougherty Bar Association, Past Editor
- Atlanta Claims Association, Member
- Dougherty County Humane Society, Former Board of Directors
- Insurance Law Institute, Chair
- Workers’ Compensation Institute, Co-Chair
- Tort and Insurance Practice Section of the State Bar, Chair
- Workers’ Compensation Section of the State Bar, Chair
- Defense Research Institute, Past Member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Past Member Board of Directors
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Member
- Workers' Compensation Advisory Council , Chairman of the Public Education Committee
- Governor Barnes Workers’ Compensation Commission
- National Business Institute and Lorman Business Services, Faculty
Presentations and Publications
- Lecturer, Atlanta Claims Association
- Guest Professor, Darton College, Albany, Georgia, Lady Cavaliers
- Guest Columnist/Speaker, Georgia Self-Insurers' Association, Girls', Inc.
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) , Speaker
- Georgia Health, Environmental & Safety Conference , Speaker
- Georgia Department of Labor, Guest Speaker
- State Board of Workers' Compensation, Speaker
- Atlanta Bar Association, Speaker
- Georgia Self-Insureds Association, Speaker
- Georgia Bar Association, Speaker
- Georgia Defense Lawyers’ Association, Speaker
- Group Funds Association, Speaker
- Sunset Advisory Committee , Speaker
- Georgia Self-Insureds' Association Digest
- The Georgia Bar Journa
- The Georgia Defense Lawyers Journal
- The Workers Compensation Bar Newsletter
Other Professional and Community Activities
- Atlanta Humane Society
- Atlanta Pet Rescue
- Volunteer, Kids' Chance
- Member, Planning Giving Council
- YMCA, Various Committees and Volunteer Work
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Registered Mediator/Arbitrator, Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution