Michael T. Hammond
Since graduating from Emory University School of law, Mr. Hammond has focused his practice in the areas of workers' compensation, personal injury and other matters associated with insurance defense. He handles cases across the state, although his practice is based out of the firm’s Atlanta office. Mr. Hammond has worked on civil cases at the state and federal levels, including the Georgia Court of Appeals. He has handled workers' compensation cases for self-insured employers, county government and insurance carriers.
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 2006
- University of Georgia
- B.S. - 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers’ Compensation Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Tort and Insurance Sections
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
Presentations and Publications
- Prior to attending law school, Mr. Hammond gave presentations throughout Georgia promoting the importance of higher education. He has utilized these skills by providing educational workers’ compensation seminars designed to assist our clients in employment related matters. Mr. Hammond is a frequent speaker on the topic of workers’ compensation at regional seminars for groups such as the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation, the American Society of Safety Engineers, SBWC Regional Education Seminar Series; Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE); and routinely provides seminars for human resource departments across the state. His expertise includes numerous legal areas including, personal injury, employment law and workers’ compensation.