Wallace D. Bonner Jr.
229-888-2199 (Real Estate Fax)
Mr. Bonner is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group. For almost twenty years, Mr. Bonner has advised clients in all aspects of residential, commercial, agricultural and timberland real estate acquisition and financing. Mr. Bonner has counselled developers, investors, buyers, and sellers in real estate transactions. Mr. Bonner’s clients include numerous banks, mortgage lenders, agricultural lenders, and Small Business Administration lenders in connection with real estate and business transactions.
A substantial portion of Mr. Bonner’s practice involves residential real estate transactions. Mr. Bonner currently serves as the Board Attorney for the Albany Board of Realtors. Mr. Bonner is a frequent speaker at seminars for lenders and realtors on matters involving contracts, closings, and the regulatory framework for residential lending.
Mr. Bonner was born and raised in Forsyth, Georgia. Mr. Bonner is married to the former Jennifer Bateman, of Albany, Georgia, and they have three children.
Areas of Practice
- Residential Real Estate
- Commercial Real Estate
- Agricultural Real Estate
- Timberland Real Estate
- Business Law and Transactions
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. cum laude - 1994
- Presbyterian College, Clinton, South Carolina
- B.S. magna cum laude - 1990
- Georgia, 1994
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Law Review, 1992-1993 (Member)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia (Member, Real Property Law Section)
- Member, Executive Committee of the Real Property Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia (current editor of the Real Property Law Section Newsletter).
- Dougherty Circuit Bar Association
- Albany Board of Realtors (Board Attorney and Affiliate Member)
- Home Builders Association of Albany & Southwest Georgia (Affiliate Member)
Presentations and Publications
- Easement Issues under the Title Standards – Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2014
- Integrated Mortgage Disclosure Rules and Regulations – Albany Board of Realtors and Albany Mortgage Bankers, 2015
- Moore, Clarke, DuVall & Rodgers, P.C., Annual Banking Seminar – Regular presenter 2003 to present
Other Professional and Community Activities
- Member of Porterfield Memorial United Methodist Church (Past Chairman of Administrative Council)
- Member of the Exchange Club of Albany (Past President)
- Past President and member of Flint River Habitat for Humanity