At Moore Clarke DuVall & Rodgers, P.C., we take pride in representing employers and management in a wide variety of disputes and litigation. Our employment law practice group assists employers and management in resolving employment issues with practical advice and legal strategies, both in and out of the courtroom. Our employment attorneys bring a wealth of experience to assist clients, from start-up to Fortune 500 companies, before federal and state administrative agencies and in federal and state courts throughout Georgia and the southeast. Our experience in addressing employment related matters across a broad spectrum allows us to match each client with attorneys who have specific experience in the exact areas of legal need, from a single plaintiff to a class action lawsuit, resulting in efficient, cost effective, and client focused legal solutions.
We represent employers in lawsuits brought under:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII)
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
- The Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- Sections 1981 and 1983 of the Civil Rights Act of 1866
- Workplace torts
- Claims arising from the hiring, retention, promotion, disciplining, or termination of employees
Our lawyers also handle litigated matters involving:
- Breach of Employment Agreements
- Breach of Restrictive Covenant Agreements (confidentiality, noncompete, nonsolicitation)
- Defense of administrative charges before the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Georgia Office of State Administrative Hearings (OSAH), Georgia Department of Labor, investigations by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and issues with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
The Moore Clarke DuVall & Rodgers, P.C. Employment Practice Group has the experience to efficiently analyze the risk associated with a claim and evaluate potential resolution alternatives early in litigation. While many disputes can be resolved through negotiation, mediation, or arbitration, when a matter moves forward to trial, our litigators will combine aggressive motion practice with superior trial preparation and presentation to judges and juries.
Call us or email us to schedule a consultation with a lawyer from the firm.